Tuesday, November 19, 2013

True Myrtle Watercolor Painting Finished

True Myrtle  -  watercolor  -  8.5" x 8.5"
True Myrtle is a pretty common bush where we live.  A hedge of it will be included in our front yard soon. The Western Garden Book says it needs almost no water, once established. So it's ideal for a drought tolerant landscape. And it blooms almost continuously!  My husband is digging out old trees and trenches for our drip irrigation system in the front yard. He's begun gluing PVC pipe together for the water lines and when it's ready we'll begin planting stuff. These weekend projects do take a lot of time but we sure learn a lot!  

Here is a nice drawing video by an English artist named Shoo Rayner. He has a bunch of tutorials videos on his Youtube channel.   Direct link here:  Get The Box Inside Your Head


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as usual...although it looks like the "i" is missing in the signature. :)

Mara Mattia said...

Thank you, Anonymous! Ha ha, early in my career I was a sign painter. Hate to say it, but I had to do many projects over again because I got so absorbed in the art that I neglected the spelling. Guess that's why I wasn't suited for sign painting!