Monday, July 29, 2013

Mara Mattia Watercolor Studio Tour

Painting area
Paper stretching, matte cutting, & framing area
I thought you might enjoy a little glimpse into my art studio. It may look a little cluttered to you but believe me when I say these photos were taken over a year ago and I have more going on in this area now...like 8 foot lengths of wood and circular saws etc!  The top photo shows my painting area with two drawing tables (one of them is now with our daughter away at college), picture frame moulding samples in the back corner, and various art supplies on the shelves.  The bottom photo is where I prepare watercolor paper and frame the finished paintings. You see a sink, black carpet-covered framing table, my matte cutter, and framing supplies in the corner shelves & cupboards.  There is a computer, bookshelves, racks of paper rolls, a sewing machine, and a bathroom opposite these areas. It's a nice private area that I can lock and leave at the end of the day.  I should give it a good cleaning and update you when I get the time!


1 comment:

Felicity Deverell said...

Nice studio. Looks well used!