Monday, June 24, 2013

Harlequin Tuskfish in Watercolor

Harley     16" x 9 3/4"   -  watercolor

My watercolor painting of this Harlequin Tuskfish is an experiment using plastic wrap scrunched on wet paint and left to dry.

I got away from my studio for a few weeks a while back, and took a watercolor class from Helen Schafer Garcia just for fun.  My art training is primarily classical like figure drawing from live models, perspective, anatomy, and copying old Master”s paintings...you know, really serious stuff!   So I didn’t know how I would like the touchy-feely, experimental exercises she introduced us to.  She demonstrated her techniques in a relaxing, patient, skillful manner and I had so much fun and learned a lot too!  

Helen's website:   http://www.helenshafergarcia.com

   

No comments: