Saturday, December 18, 2010

Painting of an antique Pocket Watch

I love this old watch my mother gave me. She purchased it from her husband, a retired antique auctioneer. The other side of the case opens to reveal the company seal: The Dueber Watchcase Manufacturing Co.


This little painting is a mere 6” x 6”. Sometimes small paintings are harder to paint than larger ones simply because I have to be so careful with the detail.


Time is moving quickly, only one week until Christmas here in the U.S. I try to use my time spending it with those I love!


2 comments:

pat said...

I haven't been here for a while...the watch painting is great!

EILEEN D. MCCOY said...

Mara, just came across your site today. Nice job on the watercolor of the hand with the pocket watch. The pocket watch has been a favorite addition to some of my still life paintings. Glad to make your acquaintance! Eileen