Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Watercolor Painting of Zebras in Early Morning Haze

This watercolor painting of zebras in the early morning haze is something I recently did in a watercolor class taught by Helen Schafer Garcia. Sometimes I loose my inspiration and painting becomes too much like work when it requires tight deadlines for clients. So I took a class. It was relaxed and experimental, using various watercolor techniques and mediums, with less focus on technical drawing skills. Helen is a very good teacher. I haven't attended a class or workshop in a long time and it was just what I needed to feel alive again!

I've also been working on a graphite portrait but can only show you small portions of it because it's a wedding surprise! I'll post the finished artwork after the couple has received it!

No comments: