Monday, April 12, 2010

Watercolor Portrait -finished!


My watercolor portrait is finally finished! I don't even remember how long it's been since my last post...way too long. I've been busy with other art deadlines that kept me from the joy of painting the subject matter I really like.

Since my last post I added layer upon layer of paint, ever so lightly, but making it darker and darker. It's called glazing. I also lifted some paint off to lighten some areas by wetting with clean water and dabbing with a paper towel.

I'll give it a rest for a few days and adjust it a little, but it's pretty much done.

3 comments:

Laryssa Herbert said...

It's beautiful!

Kelli said...

Amazing!

Fran said...

I love it. It reminds me of Cocoa Beach, under the pier. I love the variation of layers and colors. Beautiful as always!