Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Portrait of a Daughter-finished

It’s been a while since my last post. Summer is such a busy season, with many changes in our family! I can hardly keep up! I hope you haven’t forgotten me! This is the finished painting of Portrait of a Daughter. I intended this portrait to be somewhere between realistic and fantasy. The finished size is 30” x 22.5”


I have added lots of color and heightened the gold tones in her hair quite a bit.

Here are a few close-ups of Dumbo, Charlotte, and the owl from Bambie…

Cinderella, Laurel and Hardy…

Her shoes, and Bugs bunny... Ththth…that’s all folks! (only for now!)

4 comments:

Kelli said...

INCREDIBLE!!! Honestly...it just blows my mind! Can't wait to see more!

Laryssa Herbert said...

I was wondering how it was coming along. Amazing...as always!

Mara Mattia said...

Thanks for your comments (from two artists). They encourage me so much!

Peter said...

Just so beautiful, you are so clever, your work is a delight. Ann New zealand.