I took a firm bristled watercolor brush with clean water and painted over the outside edges of the class and the foot of the stem, and pressed over it with a paper towel. Then I wet it again, and pressed again, lifting up paint. Again and again…until the paint was almost gone. Then I let it dry.
Then I began painting again, expanding the sides and top with new paint. The new paint covered the areas I had lifted and you can’t even tell!
Then I propped a big old pineapple in front of me and began painting that in, layer by layer. And I have started to add just the slightest under-painting of a shadow for the wine glass.