Monday, March 16, 2009

Watercolor Quick Sketches


These are quick sketches. They are tiny. The outlines are first quickly sketched with a #2 pencil and then the image is painted very quickly.

Painting from life is a good way to get fast at your craft. Strong sunlight helps with seeing the shadows.

A good place to go to do this is a park, beach, pool, zoo, or shopping mall. Sometimes I park my car on a busy street or parking lot, stay in my car, and privately sketch away! If I want to attract a crowd I get out of my car where passers-by can stop to observe. I get wonderful critique that way! It also helps to take some pictures with your camera or use pictures from magazines or travel books. That way you can practice later at home or in your studio.

This week I have added some exciting new blogs to My Favorite Art Links. Check them out when you have time! Look along the right sidebar of my blog.

No comments: