Monday, February 2, 2009

Watercolor Painting of Mallard Ducks Swimming

Another watercolor painting of a pair of Mallard ducks from the lake near our home. The ducks are so tame in our area. I guess it’s not so bad since our climate is so warm here that they don’t have to migrate and people watch out for them. Many times we’ve seen a whole line of cars stopped …not for a duck crossing, but for a duck stroll right down the middle of the street as if the street was not made for cars! Many times I’ve gotten out of the car to “herd” them to the side of the road. The kids love it!

Original 18” x 12”

2 comments:

Chris said...

The painting is stunning!

Mara Mattia said...

Thank you very much, Chris. I took a look at your site and will add it to my list of links. It's very interesting and looks really good. I'm so glad to visited!