Friday, February 6, 2009

Illustrating for Non-Profit Organizations in Watercolor

This is a fun little book cover I illustrated in watercolor for a non-profit organization a few years ago. Sometimes I do pro-bono work, if I think the cause is worthwhile. This was for a multi-cultural poetry workshop for at-risk teen-aged girls.

I was really disappointed for the girls when the workshop was canceled at the last minute…and my time spent on this project was all for naught.

It was fun anyway, and I offered them six different versions to choose from. The first one in yellow and green was the original painting and I used photoshop to tweek the colors in the other variations.



2 comments:

Honor Martinez said...

How sad to think they missed out on this delightful work. Teenagers need to see more of the arts and this relates to their own lifestyle. Perhaps a local school could feature it? Honor

Mara Mattia said...

Dear Honor,
Thanks for your suggestion. I agree! I hope the program idea is picked up by someone who is passionate enough to make it happen!