Friday, January 9, 2009

Plein Air watercolor painting of a Vineyard

This is a Plein Air watercolor painting of a vineyard in Southern California in early summer. Painting on lacation is usually very challenging. It looks easier than it is. Many times I have thought about quiting painting altogether after outings on location. Many times, after packing my gear in the car, with nothing but kindergarten-looking results after 4+ hours of "work" I have shed frustrating tears of failure, vowing never to get out my French easle and umbrella again! But I learn something each time I go. And so I try again...

2 comments:

Ollie Artter said...

Keep at it. This plein air watercolor looks great. I love the color and lighting.

Mara Mattia said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Ollie. I enjoyed looking at your blog with your watercolors and sketches. Really cute otters! Mara