Friday, November 28, 2008

Stippling With Pen and Ink

In one of my previous “Teaching Tuesday” art lessons I showed you the stippling technique of drawing and shading. It’s a collection of dots placed in just the right places and in just the right sizes. Since I am so busy with this holiday season I have to say I did not draw this cat but I am happy to show you the work of Adam Todd. He drew this with a rapidograph for the Koh-i-noor company. A rapidograph is an inking tool used by artists and draftmen. It comes in different sized points and draws a very smooth line or dots without clogging up or blotting.

This drawing is made of dots…just dots…no lines! Isn’t it amazing?

2 comments:

Janna Lynn Mattia said...

This is a good example. It would be good if I had the patience to go through with such a detailed sketch...

I'm now inspired to try some pointillism myself!

Mara Mattia said...

That's what I want to do...inspire you! And you do have the patience!