Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Watercolor Painting of Windansea Beach

30” x 22”  watercolor
Welcome to my very first watercolor painting post! This is so very new to me and I am a little excited.

I have decided to showcase a watercolor painting from an area right here on the west coast called
Windansea Beach in La Jolla, California. It was made popular as the scene for novels, songs, and several Hollywood movies. It’s waves offer consistency for surfers because of an undersea reef. Low tide offers beachgoers the wonders of seeing tide pool marine life.

My husband is a surfer and made sure I painted the wave just right for that area. The sand on the beach shifts with the seasons as the water washes it and the breezes blow.


30” x 22” original
(Contact Mara to see higher resolution image and price quote) 
24” x 18” gicle’e prints (limit edition of 150 signed and numberd)

4 comments:

Gina Cannizzaro said...

Very nice...love your work Mara. Can't wait to see more. Would love to see some "lip stick" art.

Janna Lynn Mattia said...

Wow, good choice to put Windansea up first. This is one of my favorites because I can almost feel the elements of the beach! Can't wait to see more up here.

Tony & Catherine Duran said...

I'm very inspired and impressed with your site. There are a couple of orphans I'm working with here who are struggling in academics, but love to draw. I'm going to start bringing them your lessons. Thank YOU!

Mara Mattia said...

Thank you for your nice comment! I think these lessons will work well with some of your orphans. I have used them with 4yr. olds to those over 70. God bless!