Thursday, September 25, 2008

Painting Daydreams at the Beach in Watercolor

22" x 29"  watercolor 
Watercolor painting on a relaxing day at the beach, feeling gentle breezes under the shelter of a porch with background sounds of sea gulls and ocean waves crashing in the distance. The sandy beach and grass I used as a reference in this painting was actually the edge of Lake Michigan and the porch was of a Bed and Breakfast in historic Old Town, San Diego. My daughter modeled for this painting.

The most interesting section to paint in this scene was the shadows on the side of the house…and of coarse my daughter. I love putting people in my paintings.


22" x 29" original (Contact Mara to see higher resolution image and price quote)
18" x 24" gicle'e prints (limited edition of 150 signed and numbered) $250

1 comment:

Janna Lynn Mattia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.